About the Community Manager position
If you are a tech-savvy professional, experienced in social media, PR and promotional events, we would like to meet you.
The Community Manager is the “Chief Happiness Officer” and is responsible for ensuring that everyone who interacts with the company has an amazing experience that reflects the unique company culture.
Ideally, you have exceptional oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to develop engaging and unique content. You should be a ‘people person’ with great customer service skills. You should also possess the ability to moderate community conversations, both online and offline.
Ultimately, you will act as the face and voice of our brand and the management of all internal community communication.
Community Manager responsibilities are:
- Develop and facilitate a system to foster a sense of ownership and community among coworking space members, ensuring that everyone pitches in to keep the space running smoothly.
- Organise, promote, and maintain an ongoing roster of internal community and brand-building activities, e.g. workshops, social events, outings, etc.
- Provide tours of the coworking space and facilities to visitors and potential members.
- Build relationships with customers, potential customers, industry professionals and journalists.
- Liaise with Development and Sales departments to keep up-to-date on new features and products.
- Ensure brand consistency by communicating with Marketing, PR, and Communications teams.
- Monitor discussions and activities within the community. Identify and report trends and advise on potential opportunities.
- Work with Content and Marketing Team to coordinate community and event updates across the organisation’s digital channels.
- Oversee the on-boarding process for new members, and ensure that they receive all the assistance required to settle in properly.
- Communicate and promote new community features, procedures, and activities to coworking space members.
- Ensure that all customer complaints are resolved quickly and satisfactorily
- Represent the company at events and exhibitions.
Community Manager requirements are:
- Proven work experience as a community manager
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series)
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics, and to utilize those metrics (e.g. repeat attendance at events)
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
- Hands on experience with brand management through social media
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Ability to self-manage in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for startups, SMEs, and community building
APPLY HERE: Capital Square