The U.S. Embassy in Abuja, is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidate for the position in the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Nigeria office in Abuja:
Job Title: Public Health Specialist – Cooperative Agreement – FSN-10
Work Hours: Full-time; 40 hours/week
Position Grade: P-05/5*
Basic Function of the Position
- The incumbent is a senior specialist responsible for managing the administrative aspects of the agency’s cooperative agreements portfolio at the post level.
- S/he works closely with the Management and Operations Finance Team by developing the extramural budget, monitoring partner spending, and liaises with CDC HQ procurement and grants office on partner budgets and is responsible for analyzing, partner expenditure reporting and partner pipeline funding.
- The program role extends throughout the life cycle of the implementing instrument,beginning with funding proposal preparation, initial award and carrying through to close out.
- S/he serves as a key advisor to the Partner Management Team Lead on cooperative agreement issues such as reporting compliance and funding accountability.
- Additionally, s/he serves as the liaison between agency headquarters procurement officials and program managers and works closely with agency technical staff, senior staff of other agencies as well as senior managers of collaborating partners on cooperative agreement execution issues.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Public Administration, Business Administrative, Management, Public Health or International development is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible administrative management experience working in public health or international development program that includes administrative management of acquisitions, grants, contracts or cooperative agreement documentation and reporting, files management and exposure to external clients is required.
- Level IV (fluency) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English Language is required.
- Language Proficiency will be tested.
- Thorough knowledge of management principles, guidelines and procedures related to the administration of cooperative agreements, as well as related audit and accounting requirements is required.
- Thorough knowledge of Nigeria operational environment, laws and regulations regarding public health-related implementing agreements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft word, spreadsheets and database is required.
- Ability to plan and monitor budget expenditure to meet PEPFAER program needs, communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing presentations on programmatic matters, and excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria:
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, AEFMs, or MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
OR – Ordinarily Resident-N8,795,684 p.a. (Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-10
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR -; Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM/EFM/MOH – US$49,311 (Starting Salary) p.a.
Application Closing Date
25th November, 2015.
How to Apply
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
All Applications should be Submitted to: HRNigeria@state.gov
Source: Hot Nigerian Jobs